Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Doll Clothes

I volunteered to make a sample of a pattern for doll clothes that Mom has at her quilt shop.  It was so much fun!  I couldn't decide which fabrics I wanted to use, so Mom said I could make four dresses!  It's a modkid pattern, and it might be the best pattern I've ever worked with.  The instructions were very clear, the illustrations were helpful, and it only took about 2-3 hours to make each outfit.
























We got out Mom's old doll and let her dress up too :)  We need to make her an appointment with a doll restorer though (we know someone who's really good).  For some reason, the poor doll has had her head partially shaved, and she's missing half of her eyelashes...
 




2 comments:

  1. Shaved dolls seem to run in our mothers' family. Mom had a couple of her own that looked freakish from random eyelash plucking and haircutting...

    ReplyDelete