Friday, June 8, 2012

A Sense of Scale

I've realized that most people don't really understand how truly tiny my dragons and other animals are until they actually get to hold them. I've always heard that a miniatures artist should strive to make things so that you can't tell that it's a miniature just from a picture. It should look just like a full-sized version. That's how you know you have a really high-quality, accurate miniature. Apparently, I've succeeded in that :) Unfortunately, that means that most people I know don't really appreciate the intricacy of what I do because they don't realize how small my animals are. Therefore, in hopes that it will convey the true size of these guys, I've taken some pictures of my dragons with coins and normal-size paperclips.




No comments:

Post a Comment