Monday, May 24, 2010

Works in Progress and Ideas

Mom and I just got back from the Spring Quilt Market in Minneapolis.  It was awesome!  I got so many new ideas!  I also wound up showing several people my miniature bears, and their responses really motivated me to get to work on making some more!

Here are some projects I'm working on right now:

We have some Dolly Dingle fabrics in Mom's quilt shop, and she thought it would be really cute to make some little "pocket dolls" out of one of the prints.  I volunteered to do it :)


I'm also working on a store sample of a clothesline basket.  I'm using a Mint Chip Bali-pop.


There are some other store samples I'm really excited to make.  One is a sample of doll clothes, and another is a fusible applique horse wallhanging.

Here's the scrappy quilt I'm working on right now.  I picked a pile of fabrics I like and some focus fabrics, cut the focus fabrics into large-ish pieces, and randomly sewed the other fabrics around them.  After the blocks were big enough, we cut the edges strait.  Now, I just have to sew them together and baste and quilt the quilt.  Another quilt I want to make is a t-shirt quilt, since I acquired quite a pile of t-shirts during my two years as a collegiate rower.



I also picked up a pattern for a cat at Market, and I'm excited to make it and learn some new tricks :)
On the ride home from Market, Mom and I listened to the Lord of the Rings soundtrack, and I started thinking about how I would LOVE to make some LOTR-style clothes.  I'm thinking of starting doll-making and making the clothes in miniature :)
There are also some larger animals I want to make (like the cat).  I bought fabric years ago to make a floppy dog, and I still haven't gotten around to making a pattern for it.  I'd really like to make a huge bear.  There were a couple of big, big, big bears on display as samples for a new line of Cuddle fabric at Market, and I just wanted to pick them up and give them a big hug.

2 comments:

  1. is the fusible applique horse wallhanging from a Darcy Ashton pattern? I saw a full-sized quilt at a quilt show in Texas that was by her, and it was really cute! I should have gotten the pattern book for it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, but I'll have to look up her stuff! The one I did is a Big Fork Bay pattern, and I finally got it finished! Here's a picture of it: http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-oqNPGGsjbqQ/Tc2ibizAEgI/AAAAAAAADXk/PhCEIJ3LbwY/s1600/011-4.JPG They have a tiger pattern, and that's one of the next items on my to-do list :)

    ReplyDelete